How to get leads. The easiest part of a professional sales person's job!

No matter what business you are in, or what product or service you are selling you must have people to talk to about your product or service. AKA: Leads.

I have worked with lots of sales professionals over my 30 + years, and early in on I bought into the common thinking about lead generation. But as I learned more, tested, retried, and most importantly noticed what was and wasn’t working for others, as well as myself I made several key distinctions that I want to share with you and hope it helps you with your business so your business will bless those it serves, your family and your community.

1. Most focus on lead generation is incorrect. It is like taking a telescope and focusing it on the moon when you want to see Mars. You have good equipment, and can see clearly, you just have it pointed in the wrong direction.

Lead generation starts with having a great story to tell. Not a fictional story, but more of a great documentary. Usually your story can be developed as you develop your proposal systems, and presentation books. (Both a topic of other posts I have made and will make).

If you have a good story, that describes clearly how your product or service will help someone else, and you can see it clearly using simple math, and terms then you develop your story into a mission.

It starts by caring about others. (I call this a back porch sales technique). Most can’t really pull this off as they can’t stop thinking about what they get if they make a sale. The key is to help no matter if you get paid or not. I count it as a “sale” when I leave a family or business better off for having met me.
Once you have come to this pure calm place where your sincere desire is to simply help make another person or businesses life better, easier, and more profitable then generating leads will become easy.

How do you start? Once you have your story ready to tell, you tell it. If you do this right, each person you tell your story to, will have more people for you to tell your story to. AKA referrals.

I have a lot of cool techniques and activities you can do using good lists, and sales systems to generate leads once you have your story ready. So please keep following my blogs, and podcasts I promise to share them with you. Also if anyone has a specific product or service that you would like my help with to develop leads for you, just reach out to me and I will respond directly here.

No comments: